National vs. Local Uniform Providers
The verdict is in! Companies that recently switched textile rental and uniform suppliers were asked to rate their new supplier as performing better than, equal to, or worse than their expectations. The results were very clear. Local, independently owned uniform rental companies were more than twice as likely to exceed expectations in each of the areas noted above. Companies that switched to a national chain from a local independent company were three times more likely to say that the new supplier performed below expectations in the area of service.
An unbiased study was performed by Market Measurement, Inc., an outside market research firm. The research firm asked companies that rent uniforms and had recently switched their supplier to rate their experience after the change.
Compelling Reasons to Go Local
Impact on the Community, Economy & Environment
- When you purchase at a locally owned, more of your money is kept in the community.
- Purchasing local goods and services helps grow area businesses as well as the area’s tax base
- Environmental impact is reduced
- Local businesses make more local purchases and require less transportation
- Fewer semi-trucks transporting garments between depots means less congestion and air pollution.
- Most new jobs are provided by locally owned businesses. Small, locally owned businesses are the largest employers in the US.
- Nonprofits receive greater support from local business owners who donate more to local charities than non-local owners.
- Local business owners invest in community. Local businesses owned by people who live in this community, are less likely to leave, and are more invested in the city’s future.