Gallagher Uniform COVID-19 Policy
We at Gallagher Uniform are committed to our associate’s and customer’s health and safety. Below is a detailed list of policies we have implemented amid the COVID-19 crisis.
- We are compliant with CDC guidelines for sanitization. We have added disinfecting stations and thoroughly trained our associates on how to protect themselves and the products we provide.
- We have increased workstation and equipment disinfecting cleaning procedures to further protect our people and products from contamination.
- All hangers coming into Gallagher are disinfected before going to our tunnel hanging stations.
- Disinfectant spray bottles are on all trucks for clean cabs. We have bleach spray bottles on all trucks for cleaning baskets. And we sweep and sanitizer walls and floors at the end of every day.
- Delivery vehicles are disinfected daily. Delivery bins are disinfected daily.
- Delivery baskets and bins are disinfected after they have collected soiled garments.
- Break room is sanitized before and after every break.
- We have increased cleaning of the office and locker rooms to 5 days a week.
- Disinfectant sprayers are supplied in wash aisle for regular cleaning of front of washers.
- We provided additional training for our Route Representatives on soil handling procedures and modified pick up procedures where necessary.
- Further steps have been taken to ensure clean garments are separated from soil on trucks.
- Route Service Reps use multiple reusable and disposable gloves in order to delivery clean product to customers in fresh, clean gloves. Gloves are changed out after handling soil.
- The Route Service Reps’ gloves and jackets are washed nightly to be ready for use the next day. And of course, they wear a clean, fresh uniform each day!
- We are taking verbal sizes from customers on new garment orders as opposed to fitting individuals in sample garments.
Masks & PPE:
- Masks are issued to all Gallagher associates.
- Mask wearing guidelines: You must wear a mask if you have cough, congestion, sneezing. You must wear a mask if you work within 6 feet of someone.
- We have increased our team members’ PPE where necessary.
- Each associate is screened for symptoms and fever at the start of their shift.
- Wash aisle operators are required to wear protective coat, gloves, and eye wear when loading washers. These items cannot be worn when we are unloading clean garments.
- Plexiglass barriers were installed to allow safe separation between tunnel operators.
- Our in-house office staff are all working from home. Route Service Supervisors are on a rotating schedule to come into Gallagher each week to work.
- Mobile time clock punches enabled to reduce the number of associates and touches at the time clock.
- We have removed 28 chairs from our cafeteria and spread out all other chairs so associates adhere to distancing guidelines.
- We have staggered break schedules so there are less people on each break, helping adhere to distancing guidelines.
PTO & Sick Leave:
- We are following all policies and procedures relating to the Emergency Sick Leave guidelines and laws.
- Associates sent home early due to illness are provided a full day’s worth of pay.
- Our Leadership Team meets daily to cover safety, virus, associate concerns and virus-related absences.
- Daily updates are posted on TV monitors at our facility.
- Text messages are used so everyone can access COVID-19 updates.
- Weekly updates are sent to all associates via email or text message.
- We are in close communication with our customers regarding their virus updates and policies.
- Last policy update: 05/05/20
Download the PDF of our COVID-19 Policy Update here.