Shamrock Club 2020
As March kicks off, there’s really only one thing on our minds at Gallagher Uniform. It’s Shamrock Club time! We love St. Patrick’s Day, all things green, and the Gallagher family’s Irish heritage, not to mention March Madness, the arrival of spring, and all of the shamrocks. Will you join the Shamrock Club in 2020?
What is the Shamrock Club?
For nearly 20 years, we’ve shared shamrock plants with many of our customers, but in 2016 we decided to make it official when we started the Gallagher Shamrock Club. When we realized that some of our clients had several years of shamrocks on display in their offices, we knew it was time to start showing them off. The club is for all of our customers who continue to grow healthy Gallagher Shamrocks year after year and becoming a member is easy! Just send us a picture of your thriving Gallagher Shamrock.
Caring for your shamrock
Shamrocks are very easy keepers but need to be cared for properly. Here are some things to know:
- They grow best in bright light but not direct sun, preferably a window facing south.
- They need relatively cool temperatures and plenty of fresh air. Warm temperatures might cause them to go into dormancy early.
- Keep the soil evenly moist when actively growing, but water sparingly.
- While actively growing, feed the plant once every month with a general purpose water soluble fertilizer mixed at a rate of 1 teaspoon in 1 gallon of water.
- Allow them to dry out and go into dormancy when they begin to lose vigor.
The dormant period, like all bulb plants need, gives shamrocks two or three rest periods every year. If your plant starts looking a little punky, stop watering it and as the leaves turn brown, pull them off. Set the planter somewhere it will remain cool and dry for about 2 to 3 months. Once your shamrock’s “vacation” is over, resume taking care of it as normal.
If you’ve got a thriving Gallagher Shamrock, send us a photo! Post it on Facebook, message it to us, or email it to Allison Tobey on our team.
It’s time to make the switch
If you’re not yet a member of the Gallagher family of customers, it’s about time you were! Not only do our customers get a fun shamrock each year, they forge a relationship with a uniform company that not only lives up to your expectations but works hard every day to exceed them. If you’re ready to learn about making the switch to Gallagher, contact us today.